If you are one of them, then by the end of this article, you should be able to make your website stand out from the rest.
If your website is excellent and built using a good SEO strategy, then it would be easier for you to rank your business among the top searches. Then again, building a website that ranks on page 1 is not a walk in the park –you need to choose the right platform and make sure things fall into place along the way.
But once you become better at planning your SEO and content strategy, you’ll also become better at attracting, engaging and entertaining visitors.
HubSpot SEO tips for blogs
If you want Google to crawl your website and rank it among the top search results, having a blog can help. This is because a blog not only boosts your website with always-new content but also allows you to grab a visitor’s attention with interesting material.
Of course, a blog will only work when done properly — and that means using SEO. An on-page SEO strategy not only applies to your landing pages and website pages but can also improve a blog.
Whenever you upload a blog post, website, or landing page, make sure you optimize the entire content appropriately so that it ranks better. Some of the areas that should be properly optimized include:
- Body copy
- Meta Description
- H1 Header
- Image Alt Text
HubSpot allows you to check whether your post is accurate or not via full post options. If you find any problems in the content, you can easily edit the modules and update the style to make it more appealing and optimized.
Tips for content optimization
- Whenever you write new content, make sure it’s at least 300 words long. If you’re using Hubspot, you’ll get an actual word count as you write.
- The Title/Main Topic also plays an essential role in keeping you on top. Always try to choose content that’s hot at the time, searched for frequently and appealing to your particular audience. And make sure your title is at least 70 characters long.
- Before uploading a blog post, make sure the meta description that you add includes your keyword. The description should be a maximum of 150 characters.
- Don’t forget to add useful external links. Don’t overdo it and only link to useful sites that make your content look more professional and believable.
- Whenever you upload an image, always remember to add alt text so people can find you that way too.
- Always try to break your entire content into subtopics so that it becomes easier for the readers to understand.
Further reading: HubSpot’s Google SEO Tutorial
HubSpot SEO tips for website pages
A website is the storefront of every business. If you have a personalized, user-friendly, and attractive website, then it becomes easier to grab a visitor’s attention and rank higher.
If your website has all the needed features but still does not rank at the top, then it’s useless, isn’t it? The Hubspot CMS tool can help you figure out what’s not working so you can deal with it and improve your visibility.
Tips for website optimization
To make sure your website is responsive, fast and more visible in Google, keep these points in mind:
- When designing your site, make sure all the images are placed in the right place and are of the appropriate size.
- Try to make your pages responsive so they can be appreciated in any device.
- Make sure your content is readable in mobile format.
- Don’t forget to check robust.txt, status code errors, and site indexing to eliminate and fix any issues.
- Make sure you fix all the broken links and then submit the XML sitemap through the Google Search Console.
- To increase website speed, you can compress files, improve server response time and minimize HTTP requests for different pages.
- You can use CDN or keep plugins to redirect to minimize bounce rates and improve website traffic.
- To improve user experience, make sure your content is always useful and the website is easy to navigate, accessible, credible, and valuable.
- To upgrade the performance of website pages, you can easily take advantage of Multivariate Testing and A/B testing tools in HubSpot.
Further reading: How a Great Website Design Can Impact Your SEO.
HubSpot SEO tips for landing pages
Blogs and website pages need to be optimized for Google rankings –and this is especially true of landing pages.
If your landing pages are attractive and simple, they will not only compel visitors to consider your offers but it will also allow you to keep your website more visible. Here are some other tips that can enhance your online presence.
Tips for landing page optimization
- While designing landing pages, make sure the CTA you add stands out.
- To attract a visitor’s attention and improve your website ranking, you can also include testimonials from happy customers.
- To reduce bounce rate and distractions, remove website navigation from the top of the page so it doesn’t become the center of attention.
- While designing landing pages, try to make a clear and concise header.
- To improve conversions, you can add videos or images.
- If you want to get meaningful results, make sure you add 3rd party verification.
The last say
Keeping a website high in Google searches is not an easy task. Hopefully, the above-listed points are enough to improve your HubSpot SEO and rank your website better in Google.
Have any questions regarding using the HubSpot SEO tool for improving the rankings of blogs, website pages, or landing pages? Feel free to share in the comment section below.