Top Ten WordPress Website Optimization Tools to Prepare for 2022
The main reasons for optimizing your website are to drive traffic, increase conversions and grow revenue.
Website optimization is the process of using tools and advanced strategies to improve the performance of your website.
The need for SEO
One of the most critical aspects of optimizing your site is the implementation of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Nowadays, people use WordPress tools for this purpose and to ensure that too much traffic doesn’t slow down their websites’ loading speed. The advantage of using WordPress tool is that almost all of them are free — plus they are also easy to customize with themes and plugins.
If you don’tr have a website yet, you can always opt to contact a WordPress development company to help you set up your website the way you want it to be from the get go. But if you decide to do it on your own, then make sure you use all the tools available to make the most of your site.
Here are some of the top WordPress website optimization tools you should be using as 2022 approaches:
WordPress has certain enabled options which ordinarily are not necessary for most sites and actually slow down performance. Perfmatters makes it possible to disable these buttons and so the result will be better performance. HTTP requests that are not needed slow down your page the most. Perfmatters also allows you to disable these. Some of its features are:
- It disables WordPress options that are slowing down your website
- It works with your existing caching plugin
- It supports advanced performance-boosting functionality
You get all the caching functionality you would expect plus some other surprising features. This is one of the most user-friendly interfaces for WordPress. It includes features you would normally have to install a few extra plugins for, thereby eliminating the need to install extra plugins. Some of its features are:
- Minimal tweaking required for speed improvements
- It optimizes your database
- It directly integrates Cloudflare
It is a complete speed optimization platform. The idea behind this tool is to simplify the process of speeding up websites. Instead of using many plugins and deciding manually which one to optimize, NitroPack optimizes everything for you. All you need to do is add your website and install the connector plugin then you can choose how aggressive you want your optimization to be. Some of the other features are:
- Automatic image optimization
- Supports WordPress and other content management systems
- Has many caching types like page, browser, and more
WP Fastest Cache
This tool comes with a number of features, all of which are very easy to use. Some plugins are usually too basic while others are too advanced –the middle ground is what the developer of this plugin has been able to achieve. Some of the features of this tool are:
- It can easily be set up
- It’s a one-click to clear cache tool
- Minify CSS or HTML
- You can set posts or pages to exclude
- You can set expiration times for posts, pages, or some URL strings
WP Super Cache
This will likely be one of the most widely used caching plugins for WordPress website optimization in 2022. There have already been about six million downloads of this tool. It is easy to set up but still offers a lot to advanced users. Some of its main features are:
- Serves static HTML files
- It has a cache preload function
- It has Content Delivery Network (CDN) support
This tool is lightweight and you can set it up in minutes. It comes with an option to set cache expiry time and minification setups. Some of the main features include:
- It can set post ID to exclude from the cache
- It can set cache behavior. For example, you can set it to clear after new posts.
- It is a one-click to clear cache tool
WP Super Minify
- It minifies, JS, CSS, and HTML
- It is straightforward and easy to use
- It has an option to disable the compression of JS and CSS.
This tool is used to optimize images and remove unnecessary bytes from the image files. Unlike most tools, WP Smush doesn’t use lossy formats because it degrades quality. Some of the features of this tool are :
- It chooses to run existing images through the plugin
- It optimizes JPEG compression
- It integrates with the Smush.it Application Programming Interface (API)
W3 Total Cache
This tool has so many options so it is not the easiest to set up, so it’s best for advanced users. It has advanced support for Cloudflare and other CDN services. Some of the features are:
- Browser caching
- Database caching
- Object caching
LazyLoad by WP Rocket
Usually, when someone visits your site, the page they click on may have so many loadable features especially images, it might delay the loading time. What LazyLoad does is that only specific elements get to load if there is a need for them too. This will definitely optimize your website. Some of the features are:
- It is lightweight
- It replaces post images and posts thumbnails
- YouTube iFrames can be replaced with preview thumbnail
Many website owners are continuously in search of ways to improve their websites and make sure they’re a user-friendly interface. The use of WordPress tools can solve lots of website issues and the fact that most of them are free software makes all much better.