Save Time with New Rules in Testomato
Testomato has a nifty new feature to make testing your pages for in-depth content easier! We just gave our old string tests an upgrade – introducing new Rules in Testomato.
We’ve been hearing a lot requests for a way to create and customize specific rules that allow users to dig deeper into their website pages.
You asked, we listened.
How to Use Rules in Testomato
Rules are a new way to customize your tests to monitor your website for more specific problems that may impact your users.
We’ve done our best to make setting up rules as fast and as easy as possible. Each test appears separately as a single rule to make it easier to view and customize each test.
With new Rules, you can test your pages for the following:
- Plain text strings
- HTML source code
- Word presence
- HTTP header content
- Regular expression matching
- Check strings are at the end of a line
Let’s take a look at how to add a rule to your tests.
From your account:
- Click on the project you’d like to view and go to your project dashboard.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the test you want to configure.
- Select the check box next to My Rules.
- Click Add Rule
Rules are easy to remove! Just click the X icon at the end of each line.
5 Cool Ways to Use Rules
Here are 5 ideas for ways you can start using Rules in your projects.
1) Check that Robots.txt file isn’t blocking a search engine.
2) Check that an asset is not indexed by a search engine.
3) Check that the word “ass” doesn’t appear, but “lasso” is okay.
4) Check for the correct content type of a response.
5) Check that a page is optimized with gzip compression.
Help us improve! Let us know what you think.
This feature, like many of our features, is a direct result of the amazing feedback that we received from you!
Feel free to email us any time: email@example.com. And don’t forget to join us on Facebook or Twitter for more news and updates!