A Detailed Guide to 3 Top SEO Trends in 2021
SEO trends are constantly changing, and for a successful strategy, you need to keep track of these changes.
Nowadays, any business that wants to succeed must follow the SEO future trends. Search algorithms and the mechanics of the search engine are changing, something is outdated, and some processes are improving. Knowing new promotion trends will allow you to improve your planning and search engine rankings.
What has changed since 2020? The principles by which Google searches for quality sites to appear in the first search results have remained the same. However, Google formats, capabilities, and requirements have changed.
If you’ve been doing SEO for a long time, this trending article will help you choose the right focus, prepare for future updates, win time and stay ahead of the competition. Stay tuned for more on SEO trends to watch out for in 2021.
Core Web Vitals – Google Search Page Usability Score
What are the trends for 2021? Google Usability Signals will be considered when determining page rank from 2021. Also, content that is not hosted on AMP pages and meets specific rules will be shown using the Top Stories feature in Search. When ranking in search results, priority will be given to pages that are easy to view. The technology used to create the page (for example, AMP) will not be considered.
Core Web Vitals are a set of factors that Google considers when assessing how users interact with a website. There are three specific indicators for these SEO trends meaning:
- Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) – it is a load time for the largest element on the page that the user sees – a text block, image, video, or other content.
- First Input Delay (FID) – “delay at the first touch” – the time between clicking on the page and the browser’s response to this action.
- Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) – A measure of the displacement of page elements during loading.
How can you improve Google’s page quality usability score? In Google Search Console, go to the Internet Essentials section. Take a look at the complete structure of your pages.
Well-known blogger Brian Dean claims that he has not seen a strong correlation between positions and parameters in this report until the number of errors in the report on mobile devices began to grow. In his opinion, it is necessary to strive so that the number of pages in the red zone tends to zero.
Being in the red zone has a more negative impact. The transition from the yellow to the green zone, according to his conclusions, does not have such a great effect as the exit from the red one. Getting out of the red zone may not give an instant result, but this is a strategic task with the status “Important” for top SEO trends for 2021.
Google Passage Ranking
On October 15, 2020, Prabhakar Raghavan, Google’s Senior Vice President, Search & Assistant, Commerce, Geo, Ads, Payments & NBU, published “How AI is powering a more helpful Google” article.
In the article, he claims that over the past 22 years, Google has made significant progress in improving the search algorithm and Google SERPs. Thanks to artificial intelligence, they will make many more changes to the search results than in the last ten years.
In addition to the BERT algorithm and voice search improvements, a way to find relevant content using Passages was also introduced. This algorithm allows you to rank specific parts of your text pages.
To make parts of your content appear better in Google SERPs:
- Break the materials into meaningful blocks.
- Make the right headline. Imagine the challenges a user might face when designing the structure of an article and subheadings.
- Use subheadings H2 or H3 to separate content.
- Write enough text and try to focus on keywords and LSI queries in the first paragraph.
Website Optimization for Google E-A-T Requirements
After an update in May 2020, many sites have experienced the work of the Google E-A-T algorithm. Optimizing sites for this algorithm is a must-have recommendation for everyone who writes expert content. Use all possible SEO trends and news to show that your content is written by an expert or prove the correctness and accuracy of your data by referring to experts.
Here are some requirements to optimize your site for Google E-A-T:
· Make sure that your content is expert enough, and the information is not contradictory, links to primary sources are indicated, and not to sites citing them.
- The author of the text should be an expert in the field. This is especially true for medical websites.
- The “About Us” page is well developed. Add information about the company and its history, the composition of the team members, company awards, and other important facts about its activities.
- Your site is not the only place to be convinced of your authority. Work to increase the number of reviews on various sites.
- Encourage regular citation of your site. For example, you can use HARO to get expert quotes about your business and get free links from various online publications and magazines.
- Use special services and remove highly toxic links in Google Search Console.
There are a lot of opportunities and tools at Google. The task of a specialist is, depending on the needs of the business, to select the necessary set of tools that will generate traffic and leads from organic channels.
Summing up the results of SEO trends for 2021, we can conclude that the algorithms have begun to better understand the marketing component and user intent. It means that you need to take advantage of the wider functionality of Google and other platforms that can generate traffic. Of course, these are not all the changes in SEO trends that await you in 2021, but these three basic tips will help you improve your SEO strategy.
**About the Author: Miranda Davis is a marriage and family therapist. She has worked in a variety of therapeutic settings over the past 7 years providing services to children, adults, families, and couples. She is currently doing specific research on the topic of dating. Miranda also loves traveling and hiking.